iHola chicos y chicas!
!Bienvenidos a español! I hope you will find useful all the following blocks of information.
YEAR 6 - SPANISH LEARNING JOURNEY
YEAR 6 - TERM 1 - We are busy learning the following:
- Places in town: park, church, library, school, hospital, etc.
- Means of transport
- Days of the week
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (Q&A):
- What is there in your town?
- What isn't there in your town?
GRAMMAR & PHONICS:
- The indefinite articles: un/una/unos/unas (a/an - some)
- The impersonal verb 'hay' (there is / There are)
- Using plural nouns
- Using indefinite quantitative adjectives (various / many, etc.) and numbers to express amounts.
- The personal pronouns
- The verb 'to go' (Ir) in all its persons
- 'To the' (in front of masculine and feminine places)
- PHONICS: We heve looked at the pronunciation of the letters: qu - c - h.
- Reading a traditional Spanish fairy tale, which will be the background story to this year's language learning.
- The Day of the Dead: Mexican celebration to remember their dead family members on 1st and 2nd of November
LANGUAGE LAERNING STRATEGIES:
- Using an online bilingual dictionary
- Using cognates to support understanding of longer texts
CLICK BELOW TO REVISE THE VOCABULARY AND EXPRESSIONS FOR THIS TERM
SPANISH CHALLENGE FOR THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS
Can you find the answer to the 10 questions of the quiz.
Bring me the answers on the first day of school to win points for your team. You can do it!