Our Special Education Needs leaders can be contacted by telephoning: 01753 534791
"High quality teaching that is differentiated and personalised will meet the individual needs of the majority of children and young people. Some children and young people need educational provision that is additional to or different from this. This is special educational provision under Section 21 of the Children and Families Act 2014. Schools and colleges must use their best endeavours to ensure that such provision is made for those who need it."
"Special educational provision is underpinned by high quality teaching and is compromised by anything less." SEN Code of Practice, 2015.
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The following Articles apply to SEND:
- Article 2: Treating me fairly
- Article 3: My best interests
- Article 5: Making my own choices
- Article 6: Developing my full potential
- Article 12: Respecting my views
- Article 13: Expressing my views
- Article 17: Allowing access to information from the media
- Article 23: Developing my independence children with a disability
- Article 24: Good quality health care, environment and education
- Article 28 : My right to education
- Article 29: Developing my full potential
- Article 31: My right to play and take part in activities.