iHola chicos y chicas!
!Bienvenidos a español! I hope you will find useful all the following blocks of information.
YEAR 5 - SPANISH LEARNING JOURNEY
YEAR 5 - TERM 1 - We are busy learning the following:
- Name some members of the family
- The months of the year
- The numbers (0-31)
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (Q&A):
- How many people are in your family?
- What is the name of (member of family)?
- Do you you have siblings?
- How old is (member of family)?
- When is your birthday?
GRAMMAR & PHONICS:
- The masculine, feminine, singular and plural definite articles (el-la-los-las)
- How to build and use sentences to describe a family in detail
- The personal adjective (my) in singular and plural (mi-mis)
- Verbs: to be - to have - to be called - to be there
- The Day of the Dead: Mexican celebration to remember their dead family members on 1st and 2nd of November
- Birthday traditions in Spain and other countries
- Singing 'Happy Birthday' in Spanish
- Spanish Christmas traditions
LANGUAGE LAERNING STRATEGIES:
- Using your own information to memorise meaningful and realistic sentences (your actual birthday date, your siblings' names, etc)
CLICK BELOW TO REVISE THE VOCABULARY AND EXPRESSIONS FOR THIS TERM
If you have time during the holidays, it would be a nice mini-project to attempt this 'Wheel of Spanish Christmas'.
Colour in the pictures and create a wheel that will teach you about the various key dates in the Spanish Christmas calendar. I hope you enjoy the idea.