iHola chicos y chicas!
!Bienvenidos a español! I hope you will find useful all the following blocks of information.
YEAR 3 - SPANISH LEARNING JOURNEY
YEAR 3 - TERM 1 - We are busy learning the following:
- Greetings: hello - goodbye - good morning - good afternoon - good evening.
- Colours (x11)
- Numbers (0-10)
- Some animals (from the story 'Brown Bear')
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (Q&A):
- What is your name?
- How are you?
- How old are you?
GRAMMAR & PHONICS:
- Some words are feminine and some are masculine
- In Spanish we use a question mark upside down (¿) at the beginning of a question.
- We also use an exclamation mark upside down (¡) at the beginning of an exclamation
- PHONICS: We heve looked at the pronunciation of the letters: h - ll - j - ñ - z
- The location of Spain in a map of the world
- Some common Spanish first names (and how a full name looks like)
- The tradition of the Three Wise Men or Three Kings, bringing Christmas presents on the 6th January
LANGUAGE LAERNING STRATEGIES:
- There are some techniques we should use to help with learning new words and structures: singing a song, reading a story, rhymes or poems
- Also, adding an action to a sound or word
- Finally, playing games is a good way to learn the new material