The views of every child are especially important at St Mary’s, as a Rights respecting school. Because of this, every year, one child from each class in Years 2-6 is given the opportunity to become Science Ambassadors. These children are democratically elected by their peers after giving a campaign speech to their classes.
A St Mary’s Science Ambassadors primary aim is to promote a love of the subject through their own enthusiasm. The science ambassadors also have a number of other roles within school including:
- To clearly explain to the science lead what they have been learning in science each term using scientific vocabulary and naming the skills they have learnt.
- To discuss what they have enjoyed about their science teaching this term and identify where any improvements can be made.
- To carry out science questionnaires with their classes.
- To help promote and run science competitions.
- To plan and help run the science fair.
With the help of our Science Ambassadors we aim to get the whole school buzzing about science.