Welcome to Plum Class
Welcome back, students! Let’s gear up to have a blast this school year. I promise you will have an enriching experience learning new things. I will provide you with the support you need to help you reach your fullest potential.
Let's make this a year to remember!
Items to bring to school
- Children will order lunches with the class teacher in the morning. If your child is bringing a packed lunch please make sure that it is clearly labelled.
- Children must bring a labelled water bottle to school with water in only. These can be refilled during the day.
- Children must bring in a labelled school P.E kit in on a Monday and keep it in school. They will bring it home on a Friday to be washed.
- Please make sure you label all of your child's school and P.E uniform to ensure items do not get misplaced and be easily reunited with your child.
- Children must read with an adult at home at least four times a week and have their reading records signed.
- Children must write their own comments twice a week. Examples can be found in their reading record.
- Reading books will be changed on a Mondays and Thursdays.
Booking a meeting with Mr Reilly.
If you required a meeting with Mr Reilly for any reason, please send an email to the class email to book an appointment for after school.
Photo permission letter
Letter to parents for Christmas Production
Trip letters for parents
Homework - Winter Break
Spring term Homework 2024
Recommended reading list for year 2023-2024
Mr Reilly’s recommended reads for year 2
Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown
There’s Room For Everyone by Anahita Teymorian
Captain Flinn & The Pirate Dinosaurs by Giles Andreae
I Thought I Heard A Tree Sneeze by Brian Moses
A First Poetry Book by Pie Corbett
The Great Fire of London by Liz Gogerly
The Rainbow Bear by Michael Morpurgo
The Way Back Home by Oliver Jeffers
Lila and the Secret Of The Rain by David Conway
Hotel Flamingo by Alex Milway
John Patrick Norman McHennessy, The Boy Who Was Always Late by John Burningham
The Diary Of A Killer Cat by Anne Fine
The Colour Of Home by Mary Hoffman
Oliver & The Seawigs By Philip Reeve & Sarah McIntyre
Plants (Amazing Science) by Sally Hewitt
Tree: Seasons Come, Seasons Go by Patricia Hegarty and Britta Teckentrup