Health and Wellbeing
As an early year’s provider, keeping your children safe when they are at St Mary’s Nursery is of paramount importance and we treat this duty of care very seriously indeed.
When your children are in our care, as a parent you rightfully expect that your own child will be as safe and secure as they are in your own home.
Health, Wellbeing and Development:
- When staff members have concerns about your child's development, appearance, mental health, or overall well-being, they will approach you to discuss those concerns.
- We have a statutory responsibility to record every child’s attendance and absence.
- Good Health is promoted through stories, songs and learning activities.
- Oral Hygiene and Healthy Eating workshops and presentations will be offered to parents.
- We support parents with intimate care and toilet training and ensure where needed an intimate care plan is in place.
- We encourage parents and carers to ensure their child is up to date with their immunisations.
- All Injuries are recorded on Medical Tracker and an incident report is emailed directly to parents.
- All our staff are Paediatric First Aid trained.
- We promote healthy eating daily by providing healthy fruit or vegetables.
- Where there are ongoing concerns regarding a medical condition or your child’s oral health these will be raised, and the necessary referrals will be made.
- We support children in making healthy eating and fitness choices.
- We support children who are beginning to display poor mental health patterns.
- We encourage children to respect their environment from an early age by teaching the importance of risk awareness and safety when playing in the nursery.