Health and Safety
How do we Keep Children Safe at St Mary’s Nursery?
As an early year’s provider, keeping your children safe when they are at St Mary’s Nursery is of paramount importance and we treat this duty of care very seriously indeed.
When your children are in our care, as a parent you rightfully expect that your own child will be as safe and secure as they are in your own home.
Health & Safety:
- Before opening, the nursery is checked against a daily risk assessment by staff for potential safety issues both indoors and outdoors.
- All toys and equipment are checked regularly for safety.
- All electrical equipment is PAT tested annually.
- We participate in regular fire evacuations as per our Health and Safety Policy and Fire Evacuation Guidance.
- A 'clean and clear as you go' policy helps to minimise risk in a nursery setting.
- A risk assessment for all new and current activities is carried out by nursery staff and for trips offsite.
- If parents cannot pick up their children, they MUST inform the office in advance of the person/people who will be picking up, including their own family members. The adult collecting your child MUST share the password that has been set by the school office with Nursery staff.