We are moving onto a new topic - Fractions
* As it is a new topic, we have created a mini dictionary (scroll down for Fractions vocab list) with some of the key vocabulary you will need. Please have a look through it - you may even want to save a copy/print a copy so you can see it easily when working.
* There is also a link for parents at the bottom, if they would like to understand more about how we teach fractions in school now.
In today's lesson, you will be learning about what a fraction is. This is a recap of learning you should have done in Year 4 so you may find it quite easy, however it will be important to securely understand what a fraction is in order to understand the new learning later in this topic.
1. Watch the video in the link below. Pause the video to complete tasks, and re-watch sections if you are confused.
2. Write the short date (02.02.21) and the LO (LO: To understand what a fraction is) in your remote learning book.
3. Complete the questions on the worksheet in your remote learning books:
* You must all complete Questions 1-7
* You should try to complete Question 8
4. Remember to email your work your class email account by 12:30pm. If you found anything difficult, write a note on your work so we can see if there is anything we need to go over again.