St Mary's A Gold Rights Respecting School
St Mary’s retains Gold status for another three years.
St Mary’s is really pleased to be part of Unicef UK's Rights Respecting Schools Award (RRSA). The RRSA puts children’s rights at the heart of schools in the UK. St Mary’s began its RRSA journey back in 2009. First achieving Gold level in 2013 with the recent assessment (July 2020) being our second reaccreditation.
It was evident that children’s rights are embedded across the school and underpin every facet of school life.
Particular strengths of the school include:
- Principles of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) are integrated into everything the school is doing.
- Strong advocates for RRSA and UNICEF through social media.
- Rights are embedded throughout the curriculum.
- Strong focus on mental health and wellbeing with rights underpinning awareness.
RRSA Reaccreditaion Report July 2020
Highlights of St Mary’s RRSA work over the last three years:
- Holding our Soccer Aid Schools Challenge Fundraiser for Unicef (June 2022)
- Attending SoccerAid 2019 to talk about our fundraising (June 2019)
- Raising over £1,000 for Unicef through the SoccerAid Playground Challenge (June 2019)
- ‘Wear Blue Day’ to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the United Nations’ Convention on the Rights of the Child. (November 2019)
For more information about RRSA click here.
For up to date news on the RRSA work at St Mary’s follow us on Twitter @RRSAatStMarys