Write the following statements based on the story, in your home learning books.
Next to the statements put a ✓ for true and a X for false next to each.
- There once lived a little old man and a little old lady.
- A pig, cow, giraffe and fox were the animals who chased after the gingerbread man.
- The old lady decided to bake a gingerbread man.
- When the gingerbread man was cooked, the lady opened the oven and he was burnt.
- The gingerbread man was scared to be eaten, so ran away.
Read, choose and write the best summary for the story.
Copy and write the summary in your book carefully and neatly.
(Check your spellings and presentation)
- One day there lived an old lady, who was making Gingerbread. She decided to make a gingerbread man and cooked it in the oven. She began to smell the gingerbread cooking and quickly went into the garden to water her plants. All of a sudden, her fire alarm went off and the gingerbread man was burnt. She was very upset and said she would never bake again!
- One day there lived an old lady, who was making Gingerbread. She decided to make a gingerbread man and cooked it in the oven. When the gingerbread man was cooked it came alive and ran out of the old lady’s home. The gingerbread man did not want to be eaten, so kept running. Finally, the gingerbread man reached a river. He could not run anymore, until a fox came along and offered his help. Across the river they went, until they reached the other side and the fox tricked the gingerbread man and gobbled him up.
- One day there lived an old lady and her husband. The old lady was bored and decided to make some gingerbread. Whilst making the gingerbread, she had a great idea. She was going to make a man out of the gingerbread. She made her shape, added her decorations and put him in the oven. A little while later, she took the cooked gingerbread man out of the oven. Magically, the gingerbread man came to life and began to run. Whilst running away from the old lady, the gingerbread man was captured by a little girl, who took him home and ate him.
Answer the questions below in full sentences:
- In 3 sentences ONLY, summarise what happens at the end of the story.
- Which expanded noun phrases below, best describes the fox? Explain why.
1. A clever, hungry fox.
2. A friendly, sly fox.
3. A cunning, evil fox.
- Watch the story again and in a short paragraph, summarise where the story takes place (what is the setting?)