In today's lesson, you will be listening to a story, reading an extract and finding out the meaning of unfamiliar words using the handy hints.
1. Write the date (Monday 18th January 2021) and (LO: Reading - Unfamiliar words 2a) in your remote learning book. DO NOT forget to underline!
2. Open the YouTube video below and listen to the first part of the story Miss Raval is reading and write down any words you hear, which you do not know the meaning of.
3. Open the document: WCR - 2a - 18.01.2021.
Here you will find the PowerPoint with today's task and activity.
4. Complete the activity on finding the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- Use the handy hints provided on the slides.
- Write the words and then your definition of what it means.
- After you may use a dictionary to find the correct meaning.
The answers will be shared in tomorrows Reading session where we will develop a deeper understanding of the story and answer retrieval questions.