This week we're going to begin to develop our comprehension skills based on one of my most favourite books! The Firework Maker's Daughter
1. In your Remote Learning book, write today's date:
Tuesday 2nd February 2021 and underline it in pencil.
2. Now write the LO:
To engage with a text and underline it in pencil.
3. Using the 'Oak National' link below, watch the video and pause when you are asked to and respond to the questions - you can discuss your answers with an adult or someone in your family.
3. Watch through to the end of the video. Stop the video and write a written response to the following question: Can you think of any similarities between this book and the the story of Mulan?
4. Use the following sentence opener to help you get started: I think/don't think this story is similar to Mulan because....
5. Send your answer to your teacher by using your class email.