In today’s lesson you will be learning about the bible story of Jesus calming the storm and if it was always easy for Jesus to show friendship.
Learning objective: To understand how Jesus felt in a challenging situation.
1. Discuss with an adult what being a good friend means to you.
Christians believe that Jesus is a good friend to them. We are going to think about how Jesus shows this friendship and if it was always easy for him. What story did we look at last week? Zacchaeus.
2. We are going to look at a new story today: Jesus calming the storm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzPwRXytr7U
3. Jesus was disappointed with the disciples for not trusting him to keep them safe. Talk with your adult, do you think it was easy for Jesus to show friendship to the disciples?
4. In your book draw a picture of Jesus calming the storm.
5. What emotions do you think Jesus felt? What emotions do you think his disciples felt? Discuss with an adult.
Challenge – write 2 sentences describing how Jesus and the disciples felt during the story.
6.Take a picture and email it to your class teacher.