PE and Sport Premium
Statement of Intent
It is our intent that all pupils leaving St Mary's Primary School are physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport. To achieve this, we have set up a plan for PE and sport in our school, incorporating the Primary PE and Sports Premium funding.
We expect to see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.