Miss Robinson's/ Mrs Fogarty's Maths Group
Good morning Year 6 maths group! Welcome to another week of mathematical learning.
Last week you revised coordinates - both plotting and reading pairs of coordinates in all four quadrants. This week we are moving a step forward and looking at how we describe when that point (and later a shape) moves around those four quadrants.
Remember that coordinates aren't always fixed. An object can move around the grid and you need to be able to describe that movement.
1. Complete the Arithmetic WARM UP TASK (Ordering Fractions).
2. Watch the lesson and take notes as you go along - but ONLY watch until
13minutes and 50seconds.
(Today we will be looking at moving one point around the grid. Tomorrow we will complete
the lesson and look at moving 2D shapes around the grid. You may watch the whole lesson
for reference if you wish. We will be finishing it tomorrow.)
3. You DO NOT need to complete the INDEPENDENT TASK today - you will do that tomorrow.
4. Open the GEOMETRY TASK below the lesson link and complete the work carefully. You do
not need to have squared paper to hand or to draw a grid.
5. When you have completed the tasks and checked your work, return it to the Rowan email
address for marking.