Miss Robinson's /Mrs. Fogarty's Maths Group
Good morning Year 6 maths group! Welcome to another day of mathematical learning.
This week we have been learning about how we describe the movement of a point or a shape around four quadrants. We are moving on a step forward now - still learning about translations - but of a different kind.
Remember that coordinates aren't always fixed. An object can move around the grid and you need to be able to describe that movement.
1. Complete the Arithmetic WARM UP TASK (Addition and subtraction).
2. Watch the lesson and take notes as you go along. There is a lot to absorb so you should
ensure that your notes are detailed and contain the appropriate key mathematical
3. Complete the INDEPENDENT TASK - and mark you work as part of the lesson.
4. Open the REFLECTING SHAPES TASK below the lesson link and complete the work
5. When you have completed the tasks and checked your work carefully, return it to the
Rowan email address for marking.