In today’s lesson you will be continuing to learn the difference between tens and ones.
To know the difference between tens and ones.
1. Warm up by counting in 2s by Jack Hartmann.
2. Watch this video about tens and ones.
3. Use beans or pasta. Place a pile of them on a table.
If you cannot use beans or pasta you can draw circles in your books.
4. First make the number twenty one.
This should be 2 groups of ten and 1 one.
5. Next make the number twenty five.
This should be 2 groups of ten and 5 ones.
Challenge – Can you make 30? How many tens? How many ones?
Can you make 45? How many tens? How many ones?
6. Take a picture of the numbers you have created using groups of tens and ones. Send to your class teacher.