Last week, you began to write the first verses of our poem. Today, we are going to think about what you might do and where you end up in our magic box. The verse we are going to change today is:
I shall surf in my box
on the great high-rolling breakers of the wild Atlantic,
then wash ashore on a yellow beach
the colour of the sun.
1. In your remote Learning book, write today's date and underline it in pencil:
Tuesday 2nd March 2021
2. Now write the LO and underline it in pencil:
LO: To use descriptive language
3. We are going to continue to focus on using 'wow' vocabulary.
4. Let's start by having a look at some of the words we may be unsure of:
surf - riding waves on a surf board.
high-rolling breakers - waves
5. Now get your thinking caps on! What would you like to do - think big!
Let's start by thinking of verbs instead of 'surf' - you could use: fly, jump, roll, sail, ride, cruise, Can you think of two of your own?
6. Now think of where you could go? If you were going to ride you might want to go to the tip of the highest pyramids, or sail the enormous ocean, or cruise on the Nile.
7. Where could yo end up? Wow this is where you could really use your imagination - think of one place you've always wanted to go and include it in your poem.
8. Use this structure to help you - I have also included examples below.
I shall _________ in my box
on the __________ of ___________
then _______ ________ on a ________ __________
the colour of the __________.
HAVE A GO!
Send it to your teacher to have a look at.