This term we are going to start by looking at a famous narrative poem called 'The Highwayman' by Alfred Noyes, which we will then turn into a piece of narrative writing (a story).
Our learning journey will be:
* To understand the poem (including context and language)
* To plan and write a narrative (in small sections, based around the sections of the poem)
1. Write the date (Thursday 4th March 2021) and LO (LO: To generate vocabulary to write the build-up of 'The Highwayman').
2. Watch the video in the link below. Remember to pause and complete activities from the video. Some should be done in your book, others in your head:
* 1:54 – Writing warm up - In your head
* 5:04 – Vocabulary list - In your book
* 6:41 – Thinking question - In your head
* 8:06 – Vocabulary choice - In your head
* 10:13 – Vocabulary list - In your book
* 11:35 – Show not tell activity - In your book
* 13:21 – Vocabulary list - In your book
* 14:51 – Thinking question - In your head
* 16:18 – Vocabulary list - In your book
* 18:12 – Sentence writing - In your book
Where you can, you should correct your own work using the answers from the video. Your teacher will provide feedback for anything not covered in the video.
3. Remember to send your work to your class email account by 12:30pm.
Today you will be creating your own reading den. It should be somewhere comfortable and cosy to snuggle up and enjoy a book.
Once you have created your reading den, get someone to take a picture of you reading in it and send it to your class account.