This week we will be learning how to write a descriptive poem based on one of my favourite poems called 'The Magic Box' by Kit Wright.
1. In your remote Learning book, write today's date and underline it in pencil:
Monday 22nd February 2021
2. Now write the LO and underline it in pencil:
LO: To respond to a poem
3. You can read it yourself using the link below OR you can hear the author read it out using the second link
4. Once you have read the poem, think about the following questions:
- Which things made you laugh?
- Which parts did you like the best?
- Do any of the sentences give you a picture in your minds?
5. Have a look at the poem again. Which words/sentences help you to create 'images' in your head? Share them with an adult.
6. TASK 1:
Using the poem, can you draw some of these images which you think of next to the words in the poem.
Once you have done this, send the pictures to your teacher.