This term we are going to start by looking at a famous narrative poem called 'The Highwayman' by Alfred Noyes, which we will then turn into a piece of narrative writing (a story).
Our learning journey will be:
* To understand the poem (including context and language)
* To plan and write a narrative (in small sections, based around the sections of the poem)
Today you are going to compare 'The Highwayman' and 'The Highway Rat'.
1. If you want to, re-watch the videos from Tuesday and Wednesday (below) to remind yourself of the stories.
2. Write the short date (25.02.21) and Reading in your remote learning book so we can identify your work.
3. Answers the following questions in your remote learning book, in full sentences.
1) What similarities are there between 'The Highwayman' poem and 'The Highway Rat' story? (consider characters, language, repetition/structure, overall narrative)
2) What are the differences between 'The Highwayman' poem and 'The Highway Rat' story? (consider characters, language, repetition/structure, overall narrative)
3) Which version did you prefer and why?