This term we are going to start by looking at a famous narrative poem called 'The Highwayman' by Alfred Noyes, which we will then turn into a piece of narrative writing (a story).
Our learning journey will be:
* To understand the poem (including context and language)
* To plan and write a narrative (in small sections, based around the sections of the poem)
1. Watch the video below - 'The Highway Rat'.
2. Write the short date (24.02.21) and Reading in your remote learning book so we can identify your work.
3. Answers the following questions in your remote learning book, in full sentences.
1) Did you like the story? Explain why/why not, using quotes from the text.
2) What did you notice about the structure of the text? Give examples of the features you noticed.
3) Re-watch the video. Write down 5 examples of good vocabulary that you feel were particularly interesting or helped the reader imagine what was happening in more detail.