For the next 3 weeks, we will be working on another type of non-fiction text - biographies.
This will be linked to our work in science, as we know lots of you have already shown you are very enthusiastic to learn more about space!
Our learning journey will be:
* To understand features of a biography
* To use fronted adverbials and relative clauses (grammar focus)
* To plan and write a biography
This week we will be planning and writing our biographies.
1. Write the date (Wednesday 10th February 2021) and LO (LO: To write a biography) into your remote learning book.
2. Watch the video. Remember to pause when asked and replay sections if you do not understand.
3. Complete the activity from the end of the video:
* Write your full biography about your chosen 'space hero'.
You can choose whether you want to write it in your book or on the computer.
Remember to act on the feedback from your teacher yesterday when writing your final biography.
4. This work does not need to be finished today. We want a quality piece of writing so we are giving you two sessions to work on it.
It will be due tomorrow by 12:30pm.
This week we would like you to spend some time working on your 'My Lessons' activities.
These are auto-assigned based on your own reading level, which means they will not be specifically assigned by your teachers. You must score at least 80% on the quiz to move to the next level.
You should spend at least 20 minutes each day on 'My Lessons'. It is not optional. We will be logging onto Reading Eggs each afternoon and checking to see who has done this.