For the next 3 weeks, we will be working on another type of non-fiction text - biographies.
This will be linked to our work in science, as we know lots of you have already shown you are very enthusiastic to learn more about space!
Our learning journey will be:
* To understand features of a biography
* To use fronted adverbials and relative clauses (grammar focus)
* To plan and write a biography
This week we will be planning and writing our biographies.
You do not need to write the date and LO today - you will be adding to previous work.
1. Watch the video. Remember to pause when asked and replay sections if you do not understand.
2. Complete the activities from the end of the video:
* Check your notes to see if you have enough information to write your biography.
* If not, do some extra research (look back to previous pages for website links).
* Sort your research into different paragraphs. You do not need to write all of your notes again in a different order - use a number/letter labelling system.
You do not need to send this work to your teacher, but it is very important you do it. You will need it for later in the week.
This week we would like you to spend some time working on your 'My Lessons' activities.
These are auto-assigned based on your own reading level, which means they will not be specifically assigned by your teachers. You must score at least 80% on the quiz to move to the next level.
You should spend at least 20 minutes each day on 'My Lessons'. It is not optional. We will be logging onto Reading Eggs each afternoon and checking to see who has done this.