In today’s lesson, you will be learning how people celebrate Chinese New Year with their family and friends.
Learning objective: To learn about how Chinese New Year is celebrated.
1. Watch the video to see how Chinese New Year is celebrated. How Chinese New Year is celebrated
2. Watch Ms Salisbury’s video English Day 3 and answer the questions aloud with an adult.
3. Can you name one thing Chinese people do to get ready for Chinese New Year?
4. Can you name something Chinese people do to celebrate?
5. Is Chinese New Year like a celebration you celebrate with your family? If so, which celebration is it like?
6. Draw a picture of your favourite part of Chinese New year and write a sentence to say why it is your favourite.
7. Send the picture of your work to your class teacher.
1. Log into Reading Eggs.
2. Complete 15 minutes on your focussed map.