For the next 3 weeks, we will be working on another type of non-fiction text - biographies.
This will be linked to our work in science, as we know lots of you have already shown you are very enthusiastic to learn more about space!
Our learning journey will be:
* To understand features of a biography
* To use fronted adverbials and relative clauses (grammar focus)
* To plan and write a biography
This week we will be reviewing fronted adverbials and relative clauses.
1. Write the date (Thursday 4th February 2021) and LO (LO: To use relative clauses) into your remote learning book.
2. Open the PDF document (Day 3 - Relative clauses activity) and complete the activity in your remote learning book.
3. Looking at your notes, write at least 4 sentences including relative clauses that you could use in your biography next week. Try to write 2 where the clause is at the start and 2 where it is at the end.
5. Check your work using the answer page.
6. Remember to send your work to your class email account by 12:30pm.
1. Log onto Reading Eggspress.
2. Read the assigned chapters - a biography of Queen Victoria. We have assigned the final 3 chapters for you to read today.
There is a glossary at the back of the book to use if you find words you do not understand.
3. Complete the Quiz for each chapter as you read it.