For the next 3 weeks, we will be working on another type of non-fiction text - biographies.
This will be linked to our work in science, as we know lots of you have already shown you are very enthusiastic to learn more about space!
Our learning journey will be:
* To understand features of a biography
* To use fronted adverbials and relative clauses (grammar focus)
* To plan and write a biography
This week we will be introducing what a biography is and learning some of their main features.
1. Write the date (Wednesday 27th January 2021) and LO (LO: To identify features of a biography - facts) into your remote learning book.
2. Click on the link below (Day 3 English - Video)
3. Read the information and watch the two videos in the 'Learn' section.
4. Complete the Quiz (Activity 1) in the 'Practise' section. Do not do this into your book.
5. Open the PDF document (Day 3 English - Activitity).
* You must all complete Activity 1.
* If you would like an extra challenge, you can also complete Activity 2.
6. Mark your own work using the answers.
7. Remember to send your marked work to your class email account by 12:30pm.
This week we will be looking at some poetry. For the rest of the week, we have assigned a longer poetry book with a selection of funny poems.
1. Read part of the assigned book on Reading Eggspress - Funny Verse Book 1.
You will have until Friday to read the whole book and complete the quiz.
(The following activities can be completed any time up to Friday at 12:30)
2. Choose a poem that you like from the book and try to learn it by heart - remember the strategies we used when learning the poem in class just before the holiday.
3. If you would like to, you can record yourself performing your chosen poem. We are hoping to put some on our class page/gallery, so please send them in to your class account by 12:30pm on Friday if you would like to be in with a chance of appearing there!
If you do not want to be put on the website, but do still want to record your poem, that is fine - just let your teacher know when you email your video.