For the next 3 weeks, we will be working on another type of non-fiction text - biographies.
This will be linked to our work in science, as we know lots of you have already shown you are very enthusiastic to learn more about space!
Our learning journey will be:
* To understand features of a biography
* To use fronted adverbials and relative clauses (grammar focus)
* To plan and write a biography
This week we will be introducing what a biography is and learning some of their main features.
1. Watch the video in the link below (Day 1 English - video) up to 8:53 then pause the video.
2. Write the date (Monday 25th January 2021) and LO (LO: To identify features of a biography) in your remote learning book.
3. Continue watching the video, and write down 1 or 2 examples (actual sentences/parts of sentences) of each feature in your remote learning book, with a label to say what it is showing. You should take your examples from the video.
Relative clause - 'which was an autobiography of her life'
Third person - 'her'
This week we will be looking at some poetry. Today's poem is by Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
1. Read the assigned chapter on Reading Eggspress - Selected Poems from Through The Looking-Glass - Chapter 1.
2. Open the document below (Chapter 1 - new vocabulary) and read through each slide.
3. Re-read the text.
4. Complete the Chapter 1 Quiz.