Lesson 12 - 21.1.2021
- Write the long date ( Thursday 21st January 2021) and LO (LO: To compare twisted fairytales to original fairytale story).
- Make sure you underline the date and LO.
- In your remote learning book, note down the names of fairy tales with which you are familiar.
- Watch the following videos. Have a think about what type of story they are e.g. adventure or fairytale? Do they sound familiar to other stories you have heard before?
- Video 1 - (44) Three Little Pigs - Fixed Fairy Tales - YouTube
- Video 2 - (44) Revolting Rhymes_ Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf.mp4 - YouTube
- Video 3 - (44) Roald DAHL - Revolting Rhymes - Three Little Pigs - YouTube
- Video 4 - (44) Revolting Rhymes_ Jack and the Beanstalk.mp4 - YouTube
- Video 5- (44) The Ginger - Ninjabread Man - YouTube
Compare this to the original fairy-tale story that you know - What was different in each story? What has changed ? OR What parts were the same? What parts have stayed the same?
Using the table below, make a list of 3 ways in which each twisted tale is similar to its original telling and three ways in which it is different.
Tradition Fairy - tale Vs Twisted fairy-tale
What was the same?
What was different?