18.1.2021 – Lesson 9
Today, you will be learning subordinate clause and how they can be used to extend a sentence.
- Use the Youtube link below and start watching the video.
- Follow the instructions and pause when you need to (to complete certain tasks).
- If you would like to, you can watch the video a second time to full understand it.
- Discuss the meaning of subordinate clauses with an adult.
- Pause the video at 2:00 minutes – write down the subordinating conjunction in the sentence that is displayed on the board.
- Once you have completed the video, in your remote learning book, copy the following date (Monday 18th January 2021)and LO (LO: To construct sentences with an subordinate clauses.)
- Make sure you underline you date and LO.
- Activity 1:
- Look at the sentences on the sheet. Rewrite the sentences with a subordinate clause to make the sentences more interesting.
- Have a go at constructing 3 sentences independently with an appropriate subordinate conjunction at the end of your sentence.
- After constructing your own sentences, make sure to underline your subordinate clause and conjunction.