Be Safe Online!
Surfing online can be great fun, but here are some easy rules to remember that will keep you safe while you surf.
- Keep your Internet passwords private and change them often.
- Don’t give your email address to anyone you do not know.
- Don’t give out any of your personal information on the Net e.g. your real name, full name, address details, phone number or school name.
- Delete any e-mail and attachments immediately from people you do not know.
- Use good judgement and make good choices. Do not take risks.
- If you enter a site or receive information that makes you feel uncomfortable, please tell an adult with responsibility for you.
- Never agree to meet someone that you have met on the Internet. If someone suggests that you meet up, tell an adult with responsibility for you.
- Don’t believe everything you read! If you have any questions about anything you have seen on the web, ask an adult.
- Look after yourself! Make sure that you don’t spend too long looking at the computer screen without a proper break.